[Bf-committers] Scripts in menus - update

Willian Padovani Germano bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 03:47:39 -0200

Hi,

As discussed yesterday during the meeting and also from feedback before
that, I made some changes to how this works:

- the file .Bpymenus is now in ~/.blender/ , as UnNamed had suggested
(at least I remember he complained about on more file in homedir : ) ).
- the default scripts dir is ~/.blender/scripts:

I didn't add this to bin/ as Ton said to, still didn't look at what
needs to be done.  I didn't even had a ~/.blender, since I build with
auto* and don't install anything.

** I'd be thankful if someone with knowledge about this could add a
bin/.blender/scripts/ and also a bin/.blender/bpydata/ (so scripts know
where to save their states and also store data -- will take care of this
part after 2.32, but it's good to have the dir there already).  Ton
mentioned the makefile(s) also need updating for this to work.

-----
As written in the cvs log, now both the default ~/.blender/scripts and
the user defined (if set) dirs are scanned for scripts to be registered.
This way users can keep their own scripts safe from a new blender
install.  Scripts on the user defined dir take precedence over the
default ones: put the same script in both dirs and the one in the user
pref dir will be registered.

Please report any problems.

Martin (theeth) started two threads on elysiun to coordinate updating
scripts for 2.32:
http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20112
http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20111 ,
so we can finally organize things and get a reasonable picture of what's
out there.

--
Willian, wgermano@ig.com.br