[Bf-committers] Scripts accessible from menus

Willian Padovani Germano bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 14:26:05 -0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andreas Haferburg" <ndhmail@gmx.de>
To: <bf-committers@blender.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2004 8:00 PM
Subject: RE: [Bf-committers] Scripts accessible from menus

> Why not calling the module "GUI"? It's rather clear that GUI stuff
involves
> Drawing, but not vice versa.

Hi Andreas,

Blender's had at least three different API's.  The current one is a
mostly compatible (as much as we could) rewrite of the one in Blender
2.25, so we didn't have much freedom in naming things.  There used to be
a GUI module (that basically only had the file selector) in an older
API, maybe that's why the original programmer(s) of the 2.25 API didn't
use this name.  Anyway, Draw is well known now, was described in the 2.0
book and net tutorials.

--
Willian, wgermano@ig.com.br