[Bf-committers] Meeting minutes, january 11

Sun, 18 Jan 2004 13:21:19 +0100

Hi,

irc.freenode.net
#blendercoders

1. Release shortlist

- New render options
Ton will verify (bug) reports and write the user docs. Some features
will be postponed to a following release, especially bigger changes in
UI, further AA improvements and softshadow for all lamp types.

- Bevel tool
Will be released as it is, a general effect on the total Mesh. Anyone
who's inspired is invited to make this better/faster code, which also
allows partial beveling, or for vertices only.

- Loopcut
Goofster will take of it. (BTW: and a short description for release
notes!)

- Displacement mapping
Is quite ready for release. Robert will fix some of the remaining (UI)
issues

- Yafray integration
Jandro and Eeshlo agree on releasing it, but should be well
communiticated as being in a 'alpha' stage. A couple of small tutorials
and a clear 'what works' doc would be required.
We also should decide on how to offer this, as an (optional) bundle
download?

- Python menus/scriptspace
Willian will come with code updates this week.

- new procedural textures
As proposed by Eeshlo, upgrade our perlin noise with the Musgrave set.
Will be postponed to 2.33

- Improved subsurf code
Daniel decided last tuesday to wait with releasing it to 2.33 as well.
Robert already changed UI for this a bit, to allow multiple subdivision
methods.

2. Headerprint
Many tools now print info/instructions in the 3D header while using a
tool. Decided was to comply as much as possible to a style convention
resembling of 'transform()' uses it

3. Scons
Since Michel is on holidays, and not all OS's have successfully
reported a working Scons (MSVC 6), we won't release 2.32 with it as
official supported method.

4. Release schedule
Next meeting we'll review status of projects, and define whether to go
for CVS freeze.

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org