[Bf-committers] Scripts accessible from menus

Willian Padovani Germano bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:37:51 -0200

Hi Andreas,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andreas Haferburg" <ndhmail@gmx.de>
To: <bf-committers@blender.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2004 5:55 PM
Subject: RE: [Bf-committers] Scripts accessible from menus

> But then again, probably the major part of the users doesn't really
> care about scripting.

It's good when a single solution can please both worlds.  As all agree,
integration should be properly done, but the extra menu in scriptspace
will be an *alternative* with all scripts in a single place.  That's a
feature, is at home at the header of a scripts window and bothers no
one.  When you already have a scriptspace open, access from there can be
faster, since now more than one running 'gui' script can be accessible
at a single area.

> P.S.: How seamless could seamless be at the moment? In the
> current Python API I couldn't find anything GUI related. Any
> extension plans?

Look at the Draw, BGL and Window modules:
http://www.blender.org/modules/documentation/231PythonDoc/index.html

That's what is currently available for scripts, allowing them to pop
pupmenus, call the file / image selectors, draw text and buttons, make
OpenGL calls, ask for screen redraws, get/set cursor position, ...

--
Willian, wgermano@ig.com.br