[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/blenlib/intern freetypefont.c blender/source/blender/src buttons_editing.c

Alexander Ewering bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:53:02 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Rob Haarsma wrote:

> phase (Rob Haarsma) 2004/01/16 13:49:43 CET
>
>   Modified files:
>     blender/source/blender/blenlib/intern freetypefont.c
>     blender/source/blender/src buttons_editing.c
>
>   Log:
>   Corrected the line distance behaviour for Text objects.
>
>   The font vectordata is scaled on load, so the character size will fit between the default (1.0) linedist.
>   Warning: this might change the font size in older blend files. (read: breaks backward compatibility)

It would probably be nice that such an issue be corrected in the
do_versions() function.

There is a similar problem with fonts, related to alignment
(Left/Right/Middle/Flush). All pre-2.28 files loaded with any
recent versions will have their font objects misaligned.

In my opinion, we shouldn't totally forget about compatibility.

Thanks.