[Bf-committers] Scripts accessible from menus

LarstiQ bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 13:40:13 +0100

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 02:20:41AM -0200, Willian Padovani Germano wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The code needed for scripts to be accessible from menus was already
> committed to cvs.  This is a possibly long topic, so I'll only mention
> the most important stuff and then answer any questions that might come
> up.
>
> - It works for me (linux), but I need confirmation from other linux
> users and from all other platforms.

The basics work nicely on Linux [powerpc], nice!

I've encountered various problems, I'll just list them all:

	- The vault script segfaults blender as soon as I release the mouse
	  (when adjusting a slider), it leaves this message:

	  	attempt to free busy buttonblock: 0x105244b4
		zsh: 21047 segmentation fault  ./blender

	- A related problem, when sliding the sliders in vault, the sliders
	  jump up and down to where my cursor is and back, and if I hold the
	  LMB and move the mouse up and down, covering different sliders,
	  other sliders than the one I started sliding on will also jump.

	- I looked for the Scripts/Misc menu in the main blender menu, and
	  only later thought of looking in the Scripts Window, this is
	  something for Matt I guess.

	- Exporting with the AC3D script doesn't produce the file I specify,
	  so I couldn't test the import functionality.

These are just what I ran into, I think they'll be fixed soon, and I'm
already quite happy with what the funcionality does right now. Kudos!

LarstiQ