[Bf-committers] Scripts accessible from menus

Willian Padovani Germano bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 01:25:46 -0200

Hi, replying to many emails here:

From: "Kent Mein" <mein@cs.umn.edu>:
> I fired up blender, set my python path, saved my defaults and nothing
> worked.  exit and restart blender and its magically working.
> We should have a button to reevaulate the path and or make it
> do it every time so that you don't have to restart for it to work.

Yes, it is only evaluated at startup, I'll add a menu entry, probably at
the Scripts menu (Scripts window), to re-evaluate on-the-fly once when
pressed.

> (On a linux machine, I'll test other platforms later)

That makes it three confirmations, including mine, that it works on
linux : ).

[in another email]:
> I've started updating the python scripts with the new headers,
> at http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein/blender/plugins so if you'r lazy
> and don't want to update your scripts grab them from there.

There we go. Some scripts will need more work later, like the Wavefront
obj importer/exporter.  Once I get confirmation that things are working
in all platforms, I'll email bpython list and forums with info on the
new additions, so script writers can start using them.  Many scripts can
benefit from the 'Submenus' tag, for example.  Thanks, Kent!

From: "Douglas Bischoff" <bischofftep@mac.com>:
> Works on OS X 10.3.2!

Great!

> One problem noted:
> (...)The .Bpymenus file does not get updated properly. I had to
manually
> delete it THEN run Blender and everything came up fine.

Ah, good catch, I'll fix that together with a couple other things.

[in another email]:
> This may have been beaten to death already, but another tag which
> might be very valuable would be the Blender version this was created
> to run on.

That's a good idea Douglas, thanks.  It'll be useful to have a minimal
version requirement warning msg, like Martin put it.

From: "Nathan Letwory" <nathan.letwory@axel.fi>:
> The scripts get added nicely with the windows CVS Build of today (15th
> of January). But when trying to start a script, Blender crashes hard.
> Entering a scripts submenu succeeds, but starting a script from there
> crashes Blender hard. I haven't done a debug build, so this is all the
> info I can get at the moment.

I'm curious ... thanks Nathan, I sure need help on that front to get it
working.

--
Willian, wgermano@ig.com.br