[Bf-committers] blender sub-components

Chris Want bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 13:32:37 -0700

There are indeed 3, but some of the details
are a bit mixed up here:

1) "Solid" -- the code is in source/gameengine
and this is Kester Maddock's attempt to restore
the old NaN gameengine

2) "ODE" a.k.a "Kesterji" -- the code for this
is in source/kesterji and this is Kester Maddock's
attempt to extend the integration of the ODE
physics library, which was initiated by Norman Lin.

Note that you can only have either "Solid" or "Kesterji",
but not both built into a tuhopuu executable, depending on
compile time options.

3) "Enji" -- this one was written by Ton way back in the
1950's (roughly)...  it's not very full featured but it's
fast and it's well integrated with the rest of the
"blender code" (i.e., the stuff in source/blender).
Rob Haarsma integrated this engine into tuhopuu.
Enji always gets built into a tuhopuu executable,
whether you want it or not.

Chris