[Bf-committers] blender sub-components

Kent Mein bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 13:03:47 -0600

> i see that there's two game engines available - solid and kesterji who
> are mutually exclusive. could "someone working on this" explain the
> differences between the two? from some archive mails i've gathered that
> Solid is the old blender's game engine, but that's all i could figure so
> far...

Just in case there are no other replies, there are actually 3
there is also ODE.

>From my understanding of it, solid is the most flushed out however it
was just recently released open sourced and the open sourced version needs
some modifications to get it working properly.  (being worked on)

kesterji is the pre solid engine which was added back in because some
people requested it.

ode was brought in as a replacement engine that was open sourced.
Supposedly very feature rich but not too many people willing to work on it.

Kent
--
mein@cs.umn.edu
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein