[Bf-committers] Scripts accessible from menus

Douglas Bischoff bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 13:13:37 -0500

On Jan 15, 2004, at 13:07, Douglas Bischoff wrote:

>> - It works for me (linux), but I need confirmation from other linux
>> users and from all other platforms.

This may have been beaten to death already, but another tag which might
be very valuable would be the Blender version this was created to run
on. Folks creating scripts can add this to make sure that future
changes to the API (additions) which are taken advantage of will offer
some slight explanation to those using older Blender versions as to why
they aren't working. More specifically, a flag of "Blender = 235" being
run on Blender 232 would flag saying "this script cannot run on this
version of blender!" or some such.

Just a thought... I'm resisting the temptation to go and slap all of my
scripts into the Newscripts directory and tag them all joyously. :-)

-Bischofftep