[Bf-committers] blender sub-components

Kent Mein bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 12:03:25 -0600

> dear committers
>
> i've got two questions about blender parts. i'd appreciate if you send
> me to correct place where to dig the answer.
>
> 1. what's the state of the game engine?

Someone working on this could answer this better.  I believe things are further
along in the tuhopuu tree, which can be found here:

http://projects.blender.org/projects/tuhopuu/

If your intersted in helping with it you probably want to go with that
until its worked back into the main tree.  Tuhopuu is the experimental tree
and is where most of the "work" gets done with new features, ideas etc...

> 2. how difficult it is to reuse blender's GUI toolkit for another
>    application? is there such projects around? is the toolkit available
>    as standalone library or something?

Depends on what exactly your looking for.
There is ghost: http://projects.blender.org/projects/ghost/
Which does low level stuff  It does not have the higher level widget
types that blender has, but it contains the basic building blocks for blender.
There are some sample programs that come with it, and you would probably
want to look at the blender source to see how it does things.

Kent
--
mein@cs.umn.edu
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein