[Bf-committers] OS X 10.3.2 SCons, redux part 2

Michel Selten bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 08 Jan 2004 22:14:30 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 03:15, Matt Ebb wrote:
> Sgefant then tried helping me to get Python working properly (without
> manually typing in paths)by adding (I think it was just this line?)
>
>      link_env.Append (LINKFLAGS=' -framework Python')

To make such a line work, you should write:
link_env.Append (LINKFLAGS=['-framework Python']

I tried to make all variables contain lists of strings. For some this
has not been done yet. For the LINKFLAGS it is.

> to the Darwin section, which I found in sgefant's SConstruct. I did a
> scons --clean, and then rebuilt - libblender_quicktime.a gets compiled
> correctly and it seems to link as well. However, QuickTime in Blender
> doesn't work! :( There is no Quicktime option in the file format menu,
> and I can't import QuickTime movies.

I saw a mail from Nathan just on the list, that had a
suggestion/question about this. His suggestion should solve the problem.
> Ignoring that for now and moving along, I tried to build with
> international fonts. I added this to the darwin section (half copied
> from linux2):

<snip>

> ld: Undefined symbols:
> _bindtextdomain
> _gettext
> _textdomain

You should add gettext to the libraries. I haven't added that one to the
Linux build yet - because somehow I didn't get an error with missing
gettext functions. (Weird thing is though, that I do get translations).
Kino has reported that the Linux build has problems with international
support, and I will have a look at that when I'm back from holidays.

> Sorry for the huge mail again - I'm really just experimenting with
> trial and error, so I thought as much info as possible would be helpful
> to try and sort this out.

No problemo! These detailed reports help us tremendously to get the
system working on all platforms. Thank you!

With regards,
	Michel