[Bf-committers] OS X 10.3.2 SCons, redux

Matt Ebb bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 01:06:12 +1100

Ok, the updated SCons files help a lot. I turned off all the options
(international, gameengine, openal, fmod, quicktime) but I'm still
getting errors when it seems it's linking:

gcc -framework Carbon -framework AGL ... (blah blah blah)
ld: can't locate file for: -lpython2.3
scons: *** [blender] Error 1

OS X 10.3 comes with Python 2.3 pre-installed, in:
  /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/

Judging by the python_libpath line, I believe the directory that SCons
is looking for is:
  /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/config

However inside this directory, the only file that seems not to be a
source file or some sort of makefile is 'python.o' and I don't think
that's what's needed.

Fink installs python in /sw/lib/python2.2 (/config) , which is what I
presume the NaN makefiles are using. In the config directory I can see
other nice files such as libpython2.2.a and libpython2.2.dylib .

Manually setting python_lib = 'python2.2' and manually setting
python_libpath = '/sw/lib/python2.2/config' makes this error go away.

However, when I compile now, it gives me a similar error:

ld: can't locate file for: -lpng

libpng is installed with Fink in /sw/lib . I tried appending '/sw/lib'
in platform_libpath and compiled again, but this time it gave me the
error:

ld: /usr/lib/crt1.o illegal reference to symbol: __objcInit defined in
indirectly referenced dynamic library /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib

And that's as far as I've got up until now :)

Hope this helps anyway

Matt