[Bf-committers] RE: yafpatch attempt...

Alfredo de Greef bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 19:43:04 -0800 (PST)

> Btw, I have at least one feature request: Currently
> yafray is crippled by
> being forced to use the "blendershader" shader
> only. It would be nice to be
> able to assign alternative shaders to the materials
> (just by name, for
> example). Additionally I'd like to be able to
> include some sort of material
> library (actually just a junk of XML data) into the
> file that yafray exports.
> That shouldn't be too hard to implement, but I'm
> too busy with other things
> right now :-(.

As I said in the original post, this is only _very_
alpha code. I just wanted to release something because
of all the delays I had. It is only just the
beginning. The initial plan was to support the Blender
shader (the yafray implementation is not even complete
yet), and as far as I understand, at a later stage
Blender will eventually get a new shading/material
system, something along the lines of Crafter maybe.
Again, this is very unspectacular temporary code, very
much still in development, not really ready for use
yet, lots of work still to come.

Alfredo