[Bf-committers] Scons again...

Michel Selten bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 20:57:13 +0100

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 18:49, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
>  Something I am doing wrong.
>
>  My build-Script does basicly as follows.
>
>  Copy the source tree to /tmp/.
>  cd /tmp/blender
>  scons
>  install the resulting binary

Hi,

as I've asked before, why are you copying the sources to /tmp/blender?
The config.opts file enables you to specify the build location. I have
the feeling that somehow you overwrite the .sconsign files which contain
dependency information.
Anyway, I tried the same you described. I used the commands:
cp -R blender /tmp
cd /tmp/blender
scons
worked like a charm.
I updated a .c file in my source directory somewhere, and executed the 3
above commands again. Again, worked like a charm.

But most importantly, I want to know why you copy the source files to
/tmp/blender?

With regards,
	Michel