[Bf-committers] SCons building: Short question

Michel Selten bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:05:02 +0100

On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 00:10, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  thank you for your reply, Michel...but my question was confusing...I
>  meant something different.
>
>  I have a little script which does the following.
>
>  1.) cp -a .../blender  /tmp/.              (copy the whole cvs source tree)

Why do you copy the files? The output is generated in a seperate tree.
If you want the output to be generated in another tree, the only thing
you need to do is adapt the BUILD_DIR variable in the config.opts file.

>  2.) cd /tmp/blender
>  3.) scons
>  4.) cp -f blender /usr/local/bin/.         (this time "blender" is the binary )
>
>  My question is:
>  Do I have to feed extra parameters or tweak SConstruct to achieve a
>  full featured blender executable (for example, the "configure script"
>  had some parameters like --prefix....what is about the gameengine?)

Nope, none is necessary.

>  By the way... I miss a 'make install'....

I'm on Linux also, and I know 'make install' is a default way of
installing software on Linux. My current focus is to implement features,
fix problems that apply to all platforms. But don't worry, it's on my
TODO list.

With regards,
	Michel