[Bf-committers] configure.in et. al. missing from CVS

Michel Selten bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:51:41 +0100

Hi Gregor,

I'm didn't know of your efforts and work on the autoconf system. I've
sent multiple emails to this list regarding my 'quest' on getting
autoconf working on all platforms.

See here for my first message on SCons to this mail list:
http://www.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2003-December/004808.html
(If you read through the entire discussion on this thread, you'll what
the intention was, what was planned and how to progress).

Here was some progress report on the system:
http://www.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2004-January/004992.html

Here was a very good hint about me removing the autoconf system:
http://www.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2004-February/005320.html

And here is the actual cvs commit message:
http://www.blender.org/pipermail/bf-blender-cvs/2004-February/001260.html

So, as you can see, the removal of autoconf from cvs should've been no
surprise at all.
Since each SConscript and SConstruct file is in fact a Python script,
the flexibility is far larger than that of autoconf. There's more
documentation on Python as well. If you want to convert your work to the
SCons system, I'll be glad to help you.

With regards,
	Michel