[Bf-committers] CSG + gcc = problems

Laurence Bourn bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:19:58 +0100

Thanks for testing it out.
Yeah you are of couse correct about the BKE_booleanops.c stuff.

>Okay, I tried the new code, seems to work fine. This reply is rather
>late, because I couldn't get it to work at first. I thought I had
>removed the BSP module, but I apparently was still compiled into the
>binary. Can't comment much on how good the algorithm is, did only some
>small tests. You'll probably know yourself what the strengths and
>weaknesses are.

Yeah, Do I detect quiet disappointment:?) The algorithm still has =
someway to go to really reduce the number of polygons in the output. BUT =
in its defence it is more robust, faster and a much simpler algorithm =
and cleaner more flexible implementation.  I hope that I will be able to =
build on this code in future releases and improve the algorithm some =
what.=20

>I don't have commit access myself, so you'll have to ask someone else.

Is there a good reason why you don't have commit rights? Obviously you =
know what you are doing in the code! Maybe just ask Ton? Or can anyone =
with rights grant it to others?

On a good note I managed to get cygwin up and running and building =
blender, so I'll be able to do the commits myself when I get a moment.

Excuse my hignorance of CVS but do you know how to role a patch in on =
wincvs? Damned if I can find out how to do this.

Thanks for your time.
Laurence.