[Bf-committers] CSG + gcc = problems

Brecht Van Lommel bf-committers@blender.org
19 Feb 2004 17:03:20 +0000

Hi,

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 11:04, Laurence Bourn wrote:
> Here's the new booleanops.c code.
>
> Note, the booleanops_mesh.c (or something like that) stuff will not work and
> should be removed (Never did anything anyway!).

Okay, I tried the new code, seems to work fine. This reply is rather
late, because I couldn't get it to work at first. I thought I had
removed the BSP module, but I apparently was still compiled into the
binary. Can't comment much on how good the algorithm is, did only some
small tests. You'll probably know yourself what the strengths and
weaknesses are.

> Can you or someone commit those nice changes you made to the intern/csg module?

I don't have commit access myself, so you'll have to ask someone else.
Also, it seems to me you also made some changes to BKE_booleanops.h The
declarations of the following functions were different:

ConvertCSGDescriptorsToMeshObject
InterpNoUserData
InterpFaceVertexData

I needed to update them according to the definitions in booleanops.c to
get it to compile.

Cheers,
Brecht