[Bf-committers] Still having problems to assign phong shading

Meino Christian Cramer bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 19:00:29 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

 ...I dont know whether the following is a problem of Blender or
 whether it is my own problem ;O) so I post it here.

 Very simple scene:
 A plane as floor, above an area ligh. A sphere on the floor in the
 middle and camera pointing to that sphere. So far so nice.

 Render with Yafray and I have a picture of a sphere on the floor.

 Next step: I want to give the sphere a phong shading.

 I assign a material with color, a shader "phong", no Ray
 Transp/Mirror.

 I render the image with yafray and: The sphere looks again like made
 from gray chalk.

 I am sure something is going very wrong here and I am /nearly/ sure I
 am guilty :) ... but I cannot find the problem...

 Any help is very appreciated ;)

 Keep hacking!
 Meino