[Bf-committers] yafray GI settings are not sufficient

Nathan Vegdahl bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:39:18 -0800 (PST)

   My biggest frustration with the Yafray support is that even the lowest
quality setting has anti-aliasing turned on.

   It would be nice if the anti-aliasing settings were seperate from the
"GI-quality" settings, so that rendering could be done faster while tweaking
other render settings and the scene itself.

   It would also be nice if there was a "preview" GI-quality setting (between
"low" and "none") that would use very few samples to calculate the GI.  This
would be quite useful for quickly getting an idea of how the scene will look.

   Oops... I'm starting to make feature requests (and last time I checked,
that's not what this mailing list is for).  Anyway, I'll leave it at that.

--Nathan Vegdahl