[Bf-committers] Soundsystem mess

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Thu Dec 30 01:46:52 CET 2004

I've found the following in ./source/gameengine/Converter/BL_BlenderDataConversion.cpp:

     // convert global sound stuff

     /* XXX, glob is the very very wrong place for this
      * to be, re-enable once the listener has been moved into
      * the scene. */
#if 0
     SND_Scene* soundscene = kxscene->GetSoundScene();
     SND_SoundListener* listener = soundscene->GetListener();
     if (listener && glob->listener)
     {
         listener->SetDopplerFactor(glob->listener->dopplerfactor);
         listener->SetDopplerVelocity(glob->listener->dopplervelocity);
         listener->SetGain(glob->listener->gain);
     }
#endif

This explains why the global Volume setting in the sound buttons doesn't
work...

What is glob, and why can't I find it? :)

Getting global volume to work is really crucial... I've set the default
volume of new sounds to 0.5 instead of 1.0, because you often end up wanting
a sound louder than all the others, and instead of adjusting all sounds
except one, you can then just make the one louder sound 1.0 :)

But of course, it would be nice to be able to adjust the global mix level
as well (i.e., the 'listener gain')...

Is there any way to make this work, i.e. make blender set the listener
gain to G.listener->gain ...