[Bf-committers] Soundsystem mess

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Tue Dec 28 20:03:27 CET 2004

Sorry, but I just can't be kept from writing this mail!

Dude, did anyone ever look at the SoundSystem and the Game engine? This
must be the most terrible "code maze" I've ever seen. There are like
10 levels of wrappers calling each other in circles, it's a big mess.

I'm now spending 1.5 HOURS in order to add 2 simple parameters to
a sound object.

I have to declare these new parameters, the Set/Get functions, and
the various wrappers in, like, 10 header files and 10 source files.

Is this normal for C++, or is this just a very bad example? :)

For fun, try executing the following command in the root source dir:

egrep -rIi "etRolloff|m_rolloff" *

That's all places you need to change to add a SINGLE parameter
to a sound!