[Bf-committers] Findnearest* python problesm

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Tue Dec 28 05:34:42 CET 2004

joeedh wrote:

> Anyone?  I know this isn't exactly an approved project, but it is on
> the pyhon todo list, so a little help would be nice.

Hi Joe,

Sorry for taking this long to answer.

Ton has stated many times (in fact almost whenever we talk + more) that
the grabbing of the main input event loop possible with Blender.Window
is not an acceptable solution for Blender.

It should go away as soon as something proper comes up.  It will be with
specific registered callbacks (to this or that key in a given space, for
example) once the input event code gets redone or possibly also with
something in the new transformation code, let's see.

So until that is available, EMesh should probably be like old NMesh: you
run a script once or keep its gui around so you can perform specific
tasks by pushing buttons in the Scripts Window.

--
Willian