[Bf-committers] Python bug (possible "show-stopper" bug) or user mistake?

Juan Julio Peña Mena jjulio.pena at verizon.net.do
Mon Dec 27 21:33:02 CET 2004

El lun, 27-12-2004 a las 23:54, Juan Julio Peña Mena escribió:

> http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=337266#337266

Ok, I went again to the download page and SURPRIZE !!!  The version I
downloaded the day it was released (glibc2.3.2) has been removed from
the page, and now there is only the version with glibc2.2.5 , wich seems
to work OK.

People, did it ever cross your mind posting a warning on the download
page about the removal of the 2.3.2 compile and it's cause?  I'm sure I
wasn't the only one who downloaded it and was breaking my head searching
what was wrong!

Right now, the page states "Linux versions use a Python library lacking
support for the Math module on certain distros (like Debian), we are
working on this!" .. as you see it is written in present tense, as in
"this still is a problem", so I must assume that wasn't what caused my
problem, but something else did and it caused the removal of the
affordmentioned version.

By the way, for the FAQ purpose, when the final user is presented with
various glibc versions to choose from (like it was the case on the 2.36
release day), what is the rule?  Should he pick the one with the lowest
glibc available or the one with the glibc version number nearest to the
one already installed on his computer?

(My machine has glibc-2.3.3 installed, so I whent for the one closer to
the one in my computer)