[Bf-committers] Game engine and samples

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Mon Dec 27 12:20:04 CET 2004

I have a question regarding the handling of sample data between Blender
and the game engine:

How is this handled? It currently appears as if the game engine does
not use the datablocks blender loads anyway, but tries to load them again.

There's also some kind of wave cache... but I don't understand why it
would need a wave cache as Blender loads all datablocks after loading a
.blend file anyway.

I guess this is different for the game engine? Does it have its own

Maybe someone can shed some light into this before I try to find out
myself...

Also, if there's some developer docs for the game engine and its
data handling lying around somewhere, please point me to it... thanks