[Bf-committers] Re: Re: Bugtracker lost me again....

GSR - FR famrom at infernal-iceberg.com
Sun Dec 26 18:17:54 CET 2004

Meino.Cramer at gmx.de (2004-12-26 at 1716.58 +0100):
> > Size in the panel describes the scaling of the object. You can have
> > any object with size 1, 1, 1 and any apparent size. Or the inverse,
> > multiple objects that look the same, but have different sizes in the
> > panel. Try scaling inside edit mode and outside, and check when the
> > Size values changes. Also try subsurf (best way to get ultra round
> > spheres from a icosphere), and enjoy the manual positioning (with
> > plain spheres you can scale by 0.7 and get an acceptable solution).
>
>   Yes, yes and yes.
>
>   I know. how it _does_ work, GSR. That's why I am posting.

If so, why do you post it as a bug instead of as a problem in the
interface? Or of the internals, noting as I did, the big consequences
that a radical change would have? If you really know what is going, I
do not see why your report is walking in circles about the real
problem.

It is like knowing one tyre is flat due a puncture and not saying
where the hole is, but letting someone have to figure if there is a
hole or the valve fails or whatever, and then where is the hole once
he discarded valve problems, for example.

All I saw was a problem about moving around spheres. I do not know
what to think about someone saying he already knew what happens but
still wrote like if he did not knew.

>   My idea was, that it would be more intuitive to handle, if it
>   _would_ work _differently (that was the reason for my post).
>   I wanted to be _changed_.

I do not see any place where you say: "please label it Scale", well, I
do not see the word Scale at all. Nor "please make it be Size in the
typical meaning, recoding the internals and making sure old scenes
still work (never mind tutorials, for which Size will mean different
things now, depending if old or new)". Only tiny light I saw was the
words "measurement" and "match"ing.

This only make me think you have a really bad way to describe problems
or did not knew what really happened or are wasting others' time on
purpose. Then you go and start this mail with "I know. how it _does_
work, GSR." ... *sigh*

GSR