[Bf-committers] Re: Bugtracker lost me again....

GSR - FR famrom at infernal-iceberg.com
Sun Dec 26 16:57:14 CET 2004

Meino.Cramer at gmx.de (2004-12-26 at 0739.19 +0100):
>    Assumption:
>    Size() describes the radius in case of a sphere-object.

Size in the panel describes the scaling of the object. You can have
any object with size 1, 1, 1 and any apparent size. Or the inverse,
multiple objects that look the same, but have different sizes in the
panel. Try scaling inside edit mode and outside, and check when the
Size values changes. Also try subsurf (best way to get ultra round
spheres from a icosphere), and enjoy the manual positioning (with
plain spheres you can scale by 0.7 and get an acceptable solution).

That is how Blender has always worked, object blocks have one "size"
and mesh/nurbs/etc blocks other, and they combine for the final
result. The simplest solution I can think of is changing the labels to
say Scale, cos changing the system internally means having to cope
with all the old files and adapt them to whatever system it would be
used then.

GSR