[Bf-committers] Bugtracker lost me again....

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Sun Dec 26 08:26:59 CET 2004

Meino Christian Cramer wrote:

>Hi,
>
> Merry Christmas !
>
> ok, it happens again, Bugtracker lost my account. But creating
> a new one fails because "Email address already in use"... sigh...
>
> I give up...
>
> Here my report:
>
>   Create a horizontal plane.
>   NKEY
>   Enter 0,0,0 for Loc()
>   Create a sphere, accept the default size
>   NKEY
>   Enter 0,0,0 for Loc()
>   Size of the sphere is now 1,1,1
>   In the Transform-Properties-Panel for the plane now enter 1.0 for LocZ.
>
>   Assumption:
>   Size() describes the radius in case of a sphere-object.

This *should* be true since Blender should make a sphere of radius 1,
except that as far as I can tell, it makes a sphere with a default
radius of 1.41.  IMHO all primitive shapes should start out in simple
units, to make precise editing easier.

I think the idea you're referring to is using the size parameter to
affect the dimensions of an object in a nice, precise way, so for
example a default cube that hasn't been modified in EditMode can become
a 2x8 table just by setting SizeX to s and SizeY to 8.  Very useful.

joeedh