[Bf-committers] Bugtracker lost me again....

Meino Christian Cramer Meino.Cramer at gmx.de
Sun Dec 26 07:39:19 CET 2004

Hi,

 Merry Christmas !

 ok, it happens again, Bugtracker lost my account. But creating
 a new one fails because "Email address already in use"... sigh...

 I give up...

 Here my report:

   Create a horizontal plane.
   NKEY
   Enter 0,0,0 for Loc()
   Create a sphere, accept the default size
   NKEY
   Enter 0,0,0 for Loc()
   Size of the sphere is now 1,1,1
   In the Transform-Properties-Panel for the plane now enter 1.0 for LocZ.

   Assumption:
   Size() describes the radius in case of a sphere-object.

   Exspected result:
   Sphere is positioned exactly _on_ the plane.

   Given result:
   Sphere is positioned somewhere "in between".

   Possible reason:
   Above assumption is wrong:  Size() describes the diameter instead.

   Retry:
   In the Transform-Properties-Panel for the sphere now enter 0.5 for LocZ.

   Exspected result:
   Sphere is positioned exactly _on_ the plane.

   Given result:
   Sphere is positioned somewhere "in between" again.

   Would be nice if one measurement would line up/match the other.
   It would be much easier to position things exactly "on" or "at".

 Hopefully this was not too exhausting for anyone...
 A blendfile would only show a static status.

 Happy new Year!
 Meino