[Bf-committers] Re: parallaxmap error

car trip at spymac.com
Fri Dec 17 22:23:24 CET 2004

Please do not give up on it I have not even had a chance to test it yet
as I have no test build from anyone for OSX.

coming from my understanding without code knowledge is that it makes
the textured mesh look like it's mesh was displaced with a texture for
every fine detail and crack on it and even changes it's shadows against
the lighting on the scene, all except for the silhouette of the mesh,
that stays low poly.
This alone will make the realism for walls and vast landscapes much
more improved.   While over at .org there was a talk about trying to
figure out how to then fake the silhouette to have bumps to.
http://www.blender.org/modules.php?
op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=5220