[Bf-committers] parallaxmap error

Alfredo de Greef eeshlo at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 16 21:35:44 CET 2004

Obviously I did it in a hurry, I forgot one line, the
vector needs to be normalised after the matrix
multiply. I was wondering why the warp factor needed
to be set so high. With normalisation the warp factor
needs to be set lower, around 0.1, although that is
about maximum already.
Also, didn't really explain this, but the order is
first heightmap set to warp, then color and normalmap.
You don't need normalmaps for this, a heightmap can
also be used for bumpmapping as well of course, but if
you want to use the original heightmap, then it needs
to be copied to the second channel, since the warp
texture affects the next channels. Also needs to be
inverted in that case (twice nor button, yellow
state).

Alfredo