[Bf-committers] Re: copyright and suzanne

GSR - FR famrom at infernal-iceberg.com
Wed Dec 15 17:14:03 CET 2004

doug at oakstreetsoftware.com (2004-12-15 at 1000.13 -0500):
> do not think the topic merits any anxiety.  By placing something into the
> public domain (by including it in a GPL'd program), one had made it next

GPL is not Public Domain. And saying that, I start to doubt about the
rest of yoru mail. For example, the vigilant part. I always have heard
that if you do not defend a Trade Mark, you lose it. But with
Copyright, I also have heard that you can select when you defend it,
and waiting years does not make you lose it. But one thing I am sure
about, GPL code is fully copyrighted with conditions. Which if not
followed, become null and thus the code if fully copyrighted and get
ready for infringement lawsuits... which is the trick of the GPL. So
far from PD.

GSR