[Bf-committers] Help with Matrix problem

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Sat Dec 11 23:46:41 CET 2004

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004, Ted Schundler wrote:

> I think I know what's wrong. Your problem (I think), is that with the
> rotation, the min & max end up staying kind of in fixed space, which
> ends up lining up with one of the object's axiis and making the box
> flat. Don't multiply the min & max by the matrix. First make the
> separate coordinates for the box (the bb->vec array). Then multiply
> those by the matrix.

Yes, that's what I did in the end :)

However, I don't like this, either. When I rotate a group object now,
the boundbox still stays ortographic, and that looks highly strange
(though it is correct of course). It would be better if the boundbox
rotated with the group object and still were correct for all children
(group members).

But I'll have to think in silence for finding a solution... Don't
want to bother the list with this :)