[Bf-committers] Constraint Name Patch

Chris Burt desoto at blender.spaceisbig.com
Thu Dec 9 22:16:59 CET 2004

While bug testing for Ton I came across an odd behavior with constraints
which Emilie confirmed for me. Changing the name of a constraint altered
the influence slider. Since I could see no obvious function call
responsible for the issue, it spoke "memory problem" to me, and after a
little investigation I discovered the source of the problem. DNA states
that constraint names are 30 characters max, but the name box in
buttons_object.c gave a max of 32 characters and the cup overrunneth
with bogus data. Hence.. odd slider behavior. I have included a patch
which changes a 2 to a 0. Not a big deal, but hey.. could cause problems
somewhere. Hope this helps!

--Chris