[Bf-committers] Back Buffer Issues

Juan Julio Peña Mena jjulio.pena at verizon.net.do
Tue Dec 7 17:41:27 CET 2004

El mar, 07-12-2004 a las 14:05, Ton Roosendaal escribió:

> Juan Julio; is it in your FAQ?
> http://www.freewebs.com/apollux/Blender-Linux-FAQ.sxw

Yeap, that's it.  The version hosted on that URL was last modified on
December 5th and includes the questions you added straight into the
blender3d.org version.

> It's already there;
> http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Linux.301.0.html#1961

That one posted on the blender3d.org page is a little bit outdated, it
was the original FAQ that shipped with 2.35.

>From some reports I see on the bug tracker and from some input delivered
to my in-box, it seems that there will be yet another uptade to the FAQ
before 2.36, when it is supposed to come out anyways?

About those uptades, let me ask some questions and see if I can get some
facts straight:

1.- (A really oldie):  About the Dinamic vs. Static Built, besides the
software based OpenGL and the non-inclusion of the Blender player,  is
there anything else different?  I was under the strong impression that
some python modules and something related to the audio system was also
included on the static build.

2.- About bugs # 1875 and 1904, are they resolved for good or I still
need to include a note on the FAQ?  I wanted to test it myself, but I
can't find a linux RC2 anywhere in the testbuilt forum neither on
http://download.blender.org/demo/test/

3- On the Nvidia "allow flipping" subject, the Nivida-Settings control
panel is nowhere to be found in my system, but I haven't yet updated to
the very last version of the drivers (I'm on Suse, so the uptating is a
little bit harder for me because I can't use the driver file straight
from Nvida).  If that setting is changeable by software, I would suggest
you to take a look into /proc/driver/nvidia  since traditionally, all
settings that can be changed on the fly are accesible from there, so
Blender could *in teory* hack into into that directory at startup and
see how the flipping is set ut and addapt itself to the circunstances...
actually, if that setting is on the /proc system, nothing stops Blender
from changing that setting by itself (maybe after a pop-up asking the
user for his/her authorization to change it).

So, please somebody do some more investigation on that subject and tell
me if I need to mention it on the FAQ.

Apollux.