[Bf-committers] Blender on Pocketpc: OpenGl implementation.

Salvatore Russo salvatore.russo at laposte.net
Tue Dec 7 13:32:46 CET 2004

Hello,
I am currently working on porting Blender on Pocketpc... and I began with GHOST. I begin to work and thank to the help of Marteen Gribnau, I can go ahead (very slowly but that's my fault :=) ).
Now that I have the hands in the...., I am faced with the right choice of an opengl implementation for Pocketpc. Could you give me your oppinion because I have not a real overview of opengl constraint with Blender... and the choise today can have big consequence in the future.
Actually, there are two "implementations".
There is opengl SE (Vincent is an open source project to implement this API):
http://ogl-es.sourceforge.net/index.htm
And there is Klimt, an other open source implementation(with comparaison):
http://studierstube.org/klimt/features.php
Currently, I am working with Klimt but I thing the Vincent project can be interesting (last release 10/10/2004!! so can maybe react quickly to our problems... euh.... my problems :=) )
What do you think? Do you have something to help my choice? Or maybe an other idea :=)
Thanks for your help and thanks to Maarten again,
Salvatore