[Bf-committers] Back Buffer Issues

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue Dec 7 11:05:00 CET 2004

Hi,

It's already there;
http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Linux.301.0.html#1961

Juan Julio; is it in your FAQ?
http://www.freewebs.com/apollux/Blender-Linux-FAQ.sxw
Yann; can you make sure that's being included in releases? It's not in
cvs you know...

Thanks!

On a development note; in theory Blender's buffering system could work
with swap-exchange, as being used for some Suns and most SGIs. That's a
different method as the "flipping" NVidia provides however, they
created a method that automatically copies the minimim of changes to
the display buffer, for games.

It's the reason we had to hack Blender with
is_a_really_crappy_nvidia_card() in mywindow.c.
Alexander; it could be interesting to check if NVidia "flip" works with
this hack in Linux too, just remove the ifdef WINDOWS there.

I don't know if we can somehow retrieve the used swapbuffering method
from a driver...

-Ton-