[Bf-committers] I've made a custom hotkey system for Blender!

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Mon Dec 6 08:25:02 CET 2004

I feel very mad at Intrr right now.  Usually I go out of my way to be
polite, even when everyone else is having a flame war.  But I'm kindof
tired and sick right now.

Now.   You must have a UI in the Theme info buttons in order to define
custom keycodes.  That UI has the keycode, it's name, and toggle buttons
for the modifyers.  Each toggle button can only, as far as I know, do
one bit, or the first bit of two bytes in a short.  To compare the
qualifyers, you do a direct ==.  I havn't been able to think of any
other ways to do it, especially since "&" compare didn't work because it
allows more modifyers then you have defined to be used.

Also, I used a char[x][2] array because I already have two new structs
and a new Library block type I have to worry about getting to work, so I
didn't want to pollute my DNA, and because there is only two small
fields, although the UI code forced me to make it three.  This isn't
really a permanent solution, although certainly more hackish things then
that are in blender.

joeedh