[Bf-committers] On purpose of 2.36 (Updated Linux Faq)

Juan Julio Peña Mena jjulio.pena at verizon.net.do
Sun Dec 5 05:43:50 CET 2004

About your changes, I'll try to reword it, because even given the fact
that it is a simplier method, the instructions are harder to follow for
a newbie.  Maybe I'll left both methods.

> While the OpenOffice method works fine, it would be much easier to
> synchronize versions of this document if we put it up on the
> BlenderWiki.  What do you think of that?
>
> Matt

This document gets updated maybe once each 2 Blender versions, maybe
less than that, and I get external contributions to it about once or
twice in that period, so syncronization isn't that much of an issue for
me. That been said, if a wiky can help attract more contributions then
fine.

I just have some doubts, because I'm not familiar with the Wiki system,
here they are:

* If everyone can add, edit, or delete in a wiki, how do I keep
editorial control over the FAQ.  Even with the OpenOffice and e-mail
aproach, there has been contributions to the faq that I choosed to left
out of it, for many reasons.

* Even if the faq becomes a wiki, it still would keep been available in
www.blender3d.com and would still be bundled with the Blender Releases,
right?

Apollux.