[Bf-committers] Problem with UI colors, second attempt

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Fri Dec 3 00:06:20 CET 2004

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Ugh, thats an error yah... TH_THEMEUI was supposed to be a large number... if
> you check cvs history you an see it was supposed to start at 100. This
> disappeared somewhere on the line.
>
> But for now (bf-blender) I dont see issues with it. When its really needed I
> can think of a bypass. Not *every* color in Blender had to be theme...

Well, see, that's why I think enums are not a great way for this kind
of stuff. #defines allow for more freedom, for example, to just skip a row of
numbers, like has been done in various other places in Blender.

Well, the Layer Manager is something i (and many others) considered for official
release some day.

My original Problem was (as posted here) that I want to visualize Layer state
by Color, and I wanted to use the 3d View -> Selected color to denote layers with
selected objects in them, but uiBlockSetCol(block, TH_SELECT) doesn't work, it only
accepts button colors it seems.

So, I wanted to add some themeable colors for layer manager buttons, but that's
not possible, either.

This is quite a dilemma :)