[Bf-committers] Back Buffer Issues

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu Dec 2 22:42:04 CET 2004

Hi,

Blender likes the SwapCopy a lot. :)
This is becoming a standard in many (PC) cards now, and for some
systems you cannot even tweak it... for example Macs only support this
method.

The Swap-Exchange could work too, it is the old Blender default from
the SGI period, but for it to work 100% I need someone with such a
graphics card system who's devoted to get it to work. Not difficult
coding, just tracking all little things in the code to keep it
swap-exchange compatible.

A year ago we discussed this here too, with Daniel Dunbar, going over
the best buffer strategy with Blender. The conclusion back then was to
go for 100% swap-copy, and code exceptions for the (older) systems that
don't support this.

Now, what's there to fix?

-Ton-