[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/include BDR_editcurve.h interface.h blender/source/blender/src buttons_editing.c editcurve.c editobject.c interface.c interface_draw.c interface_panel.c resources.c space.c usiblender.c

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue Aug 31 16:41:52 CEST 2004

Hi,

Several reasons. The scene copy function is very primitive, which
doesn't reliable make full copies. Further that then only works when
you hack in low level datastructure calls in Blender. Is all too much
risk and work for now.

The main advantage of a file-save undo is that there's no hacking
needed, using existing functionality. On my slow 450 Mhz mac, files up
to 5 meg work very interactive still. Over 20 meg it becomes a pain yes.

Since we're in after-release time, I want to use this period for
feedback. I also have ideas to solve certain issues, like saving
partial files for example.

The current code is incredible short & clean, easy to support, and can
also be removed simply.

-Ton-