[Bf-committers] Projects & CVS access!

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat Aug 21 14:48:45 CEST 2004

Hi,

The site slowness has been solved, but the sysadm couldn't find a way
to convert the old passwords from the previous site.

On the login page for the projects site;
http://projects.blender.org/account/login.php
You can see the hint how to solve it.

By using the "lost password" option once, the system will reset a
password for you. CVS and web access then goes as usual.

However; the choice to use ssh also involves that for each cvs command
a password is requested. That's not very nice in the workflow...
Luckily the Gforge system allows to upload an encrypted key, which is
something the sysadm intends to activate soon; but he prefers to solve
all feedback and remaining issues with the new server first.

Of course we could evaluate why ssh was added for cvs... sysadms I talk
to seem to consider non-secure access to csv an unacceptable risk
though.
Related to that, advised also was to purchase a https license (SSL), so
we can use that for all pages where passwords could be intercepted.

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org