[Bf-committers] Re: Layer Manager

Chris Burt bf-committers@blender.org
Thu Aug 19 19:22:46 CEST 2004

Not Panelizing your code because you don't know how is hardly a valid
excuse for you though Alex. You're perfectly capable of reading the few
lines and copying and pasting.  I really don't think it would be that
difficult to panelized what you have so far at all.  Not panelizing
because you don't understand the UI code is one thing, not doing it
because you disagree with panels is another.  So pick which reason is
yours.  This layer manager idea is really great and from this discussion
I can see that people's heads are already whirring with ideas about how
it would make work faster, but I agree with Matt that it should be
panelized.  If you honestly need help with this, I'd be willing to give
it a shot but you can't commit it and THEN fix it.  It should be
committed correctly the first time if you ask me.  Just my two cents.
Great work so far though.