[Bf-committers] Re: Layer Manager

Matthew H. Plough bf-committers@blender.org
Thu Aug 19 04:09:19 CEST 2004

Alexander Ewering wrote:

> I suppose by "Selectable" you mean "Objects in the layer are
> selectable". Well, I have heard this suggestion often before,
> and I agree it is a potential improvement, and not too hard to
> implement. But I still fail to see the _real_ use of it.
> Probably a funboard discussion.

I don't think so.  It is very useful if you have a background layer, and
then a layer with a character moving around in it.  That way you can't
select your background or static props, facilitating faster editing of
what is actually moving in the scene.  This is a more versatile version
of the Freeze feature in 3d studio minimum (yes, I have a personal
vendetta against that program).

Matt