[Bf-committers] Layer Manager

Alexander Ewering bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:30:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Daniel Fairhead wrote:

>> Any thoughts on it appreciated.
>
> I like it, alex. :-) Sweet.
>
> One thing which would be good as well ( I think ) would be if the layerbuttons
> in the 3dwindow header also had the colours? It might make them more
> obviously layer buttons. Also be useful for "um, which layer did I put those
> pipes on? (with a glance, no need to press "m"key)

Yes, actually, I have had that idea from the beginning, but I somehow forgot
about it during coding. Yes, will make all layerbuttons reflect the state of
the layers (empty/nonselected/partly selected/active) as well.

About the auto-arranging: I'm not sure if that's a good idea, as I figure it
might get confusing. The layers have always been arranged in groups of 5,
that's why I statically arranged them like this. What could be done is
an explicit vertical version of the manager, though.