[Bf-committers] Re: Blender / FreeBSD w/ scons

Theodore Schundler bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 02:04:30 -0700

i noticed the win32 thing this past weekend. I'll look into it this
comming weekend. You can add me to INSTALL as a FreeBSD scons
maintainer. And for CVS access, should I E-Mail Ton or theeth or someone
privately or what exactly? I'm tschundler on projects.blender.org by the
way.

Ted

>>> hans@lambermont.dyndns.org 08/15/04 11:11 AM >>>
Theodore Schundler wrote:

> Attached is the cvs diff from the current bf-blender. I've tested it
> on FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE, 5.2-RELEASE and 5.2.1-RELEASE. For 5.2, the
> python 2.3 version I had on the system didn't work right (it compiled,
> but scripts using "import math" failed).  Upgrading to the latest
> python port resolved the problem.

I applied your patch, portinstalled scons, and first tried 'scons
--clean' This is the output, bit weird the win32 thingie in there ?

    scons: Reading SConscript files ...
    Building for FreeBSD
    Creating new config file: config.opts
    This target is for the win32 platform only
    scons: done reading SConscript files.
    scons: Cleaning targets ...
    scons: done cleaning targets.

Building output from 'scons' also shows:

    This target is for the win32 platform only

right after

    Building for FreeBSD

and lots of complaints like:

    gcc: -rpath: linker input file unused since linking not done
    gcc: /usr/local/lib: linker input file unused since linking not done

But in the end a working blender popped out (without the game engine).

I just committed your patch: SConstruct 1.83, extern/solid/SConscript
1.7

Can I add your name to blender/INSTALL's scons section ? Like:
    * FreeBSD (Ted)
And you should get yourself commit rights IMO, and become a happy
FreeBSD-scons maintainer :)

> I noticed the "scons release" creates a tar.gz with the python
> scripts, but not the plugins. I'm not sure if this is a scons global
> issue, or just specific to FreeBSD. Since I was making the alteration
> primarily for my own purposes, I didn't need the release building &
> haven't investigated that further. Since everything else is pretty
> much the same for FreeBSD as for Linux, I'm guessing it's a scons
> issue.

I have no idea, I assume the other scons ppl here do.

Thanks for your patch.

Hans
--
http://lambermont.webhop.org/ () ASCII-ribbon campaign against vCards,