[Bf-committers] Makefile patch

Hans Lambermont bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:45:19 +0200

Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> This was added in bug tracker by Radim Kolar (hsn). He said it was
> tested on freebsd only. It has changes I can't judge, in openAl &
> sumo/solid. Anyone?

It contains 4 filechanges, the first one is weird because a %%PREFIX%%
is added in release/plugins/bmake, this %%word%% thingie is mostly used
in templates where it will be replaced by something else. As far as I
know we don't have such a sed-like system, so the first patch doesn't
make sense to me.

The second one disables traversing into the BlOde from
source/gameengine/Physics, I don't know whether we still support Ode, if
we don't this change makes sense.

The third one adds -DNO_SOUND to CPPFLAGS is NAN_NO_OPENAL is defined.
This sounds logical if we only supported OPENAL, which we don't.

The fourth one removes linking to libblode.a and adds libsumo.a instead.
Removing libblode.a goes together with the decision in filechange #2.
I didn't test this, but adding libsumo.a should not be necessary as we
already link fine without adding it an extra time.

I would like to see Radim's toughts on each of these changes.

-- Hans