[Bf-committers] Feature Proposal Update

Bart bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:25:21 +0200

Hello Rpbert,
thanx for your comments.

 > I disagree with your assessment of the mouse button functions, since MMB
 > is "lock axis" for many blender functions and that is what is
 > implemented now.

Mhmm ... this is a very technical view, i see it through the workflow
and user view and so "lock axis" by using MMB is for me just a special
feature of the action (like using MMB for unpaint in Border select). I
think this way (using MMB for special features of the action) is better
to understand and more flexible.

The most workflow problem of the knife tool at the moment is that there
is no way to confirm cutting using the mouse and that's a bad workflow
(right hand using mouse,left hand controls keyboard).

A uniform mouse action code that is not bounded to strong on a special
technical behavior would improve the workflow of Blender much.

It would be great for the next release uniforming the functions and
workflow of Blender.